STUDIO!! Geez guys!… 😉
Seriously though, I’m moving my studio into a new space (in my house) and that got me thinking about how much I loove seeing other studios. I think it’s like a gateway into others’ creative process, right?
In that spirit, I have decided to find great studios to post in the future for your viewing pleasure. So stay tuned for that.
A good adequate space is not enough, finding a great space to make art increases the chance of you getting comfortable enough to create at your best.
In the mean time here is my list for finding a good studio space.
List of requirements for a good studio (and why I moved):
- Ample square footage
- Good lighting, preferably natural (I’m working on this.. check out my light towers with wheels!)
- Good wall space
- Ceiling height
- Spacious storage
- Computer space (you need this for the business part of your art practice)
- Privacy (It’ is sooo important.)
- Ample floor space (I am lining mine with foam tiles, it’s comfortable and protects the floor.)
- Don’t forget your materials… 😉
- If you are lucky, within a space that houses other artist’s studios..
- A place with a view
Here is a sampling of my work-in-progress of a new studio.. (now, it’s your turn.)